Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Create a style gets stuck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Create a style gets stuck Topposter
Featured Artist : Create a style gets stuck Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Create a style gets stuck Vide
PostSubject: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2010, 7:24 pm

Geez...another problem... :x

I'm noticing after the latest update that now my create a style will not work. I will click the button to go into CAST yet it will pull up a loading thingy saying that it's 'materializing materials' (which I don't recall ever seeing before) and it will just continue to rotate. It locks up the game and I have to use the task bar to exit out of the game entirely.

I posted this on ts3 yet today I can't even get past the link where I posted this. It just goes to a blank page. (not surprising seeing as it is ts3...) So I'm stuck, I've checked around mod the sims, and just on the net, but have yet to find a solution.

Anyone experiencing this or have a solution?

Thanks bunches!!
Cece
Back to top Go down
timeergirl89
VIP Member
timeergirl89

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 11:55 pm

I'm experiencing this problem Sad... Have you found a solution to it CeCe? I'm trying to play and it's being stupid. Sad...
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 12:50 am

have you tried clearing the cache in the sims. or have you taken out any patterns packages in the package folder it self. that what happnen to me, i convereted some sims3package over into packages. that causes the create a style to spin and spin. it worked good after that. the only other other thing i can think of is merged packages that has patterns and other things in them mm. good luck.

orange
Back to top Go down
timeergirl89
VIP Member
timeergirl89

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 1:42 am

I deleted my cache, and all of my patterns. I narrowed it down to being something in my mods folder but I'm FAR too irritated now to even attempt to go through it. I have to download all of my .packages again one by one. :/
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 6:25 am

I honestly do not think its the patch...i am sure if you just move out all your CC and try that it will load...your gonna have to go through your CC a little at a time...what i do when something like this happens...i slowly place in my CC into my packages folder and then when i can replicate the problem i know its in the CC that i have replaced back into my game...then that last bit i will go through 1 piece at a time...i know this is time consuming but its the only way. As Mamx said its more then likely a pattern or a mod. patterns are aweful for doing this...if you allow the launcher to install them and keep patterns in your DCbackup folder you wont have this problem...you have problems with patterns when you have them in your mods/packages folder. I also know on my computer and its huge I cannot allow much more then 1000 CC in my packages folder....so i can only imagine the limit of CC that a game can handle on a mediocre computer.

This is a tip...i took out all children hair and toddler hair using dashboard...it saved a whole heck of a lot of room and frankly to me even a CC hair on those thing (toddler and children) cannot help their fuglyness. That will save u a lot of room in your game. I have just a few pieces of clothes for those poor helpless fugly things...So yeah my toddlers and children all look the same in game...so be it but my packages folder thanks me for it.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 2:55 pm

im thinking it really is a pattern you have stuck somewhere in your game , but you dont know what it is or cant find it maybe? the names dont help us much. you could use delphy program from mod the sim to weed through the content. dach idea is sound. what i do sometime to find sbad stuff is , move out my package folder off to safe place. and then put back in a empty package folder. i then put back in the very newest things i have downloaded back in. you can search by date on the files at time.
other way i have done it , is move half of the content out , keep half in, etc. if it dotn work,then it that part then right. so u keep splitting that folder down and down into smaller size till u find it. it take time but it logica.
but i do think these kind of thing muck things up such assssssssss
merged patterns packages
merged packages
hacks
mods
maybe u needed to update something to work with pets expansion?
something conflicting ? maybe in just one hood only. for instance in hidden valley we cant have the gothic thing and fountain in same time i heard about that .

i hope u tell us what you find out what is the thing that is wrong in your game though.
other things that make my game not start or play or crashes was a slider yeah.

good luck

orange
Back to top Go down
Louma
Louma

Comments : Not even your last choice!

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 3:01 pm

yeah i had that problem before so did a friend, it was some bad .package pattern,.. you might have converted a sims3pack by mistake

never convert patterns
counters(bec they cause that ugly shape of counterns when connected to a corner counter piece)
Back to top Go down
timeergirl89
VIP Member
timeergirl89

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 3:18 pm

I have no way to have converted a .sims3pack to a package. :/ I'm just gonna go through the files by date and figure out what it could be.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 6:32 pm

what if you do have pattern pacages in the game. creators do make patterns in sims3package and packages formats . it could be a bad pattern file. so when i had your problems i took out all the patterns . you can put pattern packages in the folders if it ok and works, but you have to watch out for that . do you have merged packages? i wonder if there are some in there. keep at it , you will get it working again . orange
Back to top Go down
Louma
Louma

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 8:04 pm

yeah if the original creator posts it ONLY package then its fine: bec they didnt do it with TS3's offcial pattern tool, then this one is ok
i have lots of those and i merge them just fine and dont cause me any problems.

But if they post it a .sims3pack only, then they used ts3's pattern tool and this is when you shouldnt convert it
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 11:18 pm

It is def a pattern! That was my problem and somehow I was able to narrow down which one it was because I had just downloaded it with an object recently. So it was just a matter of going back a couple of day's of my latest download...OF EVERYTHING...not just patterns because like I said, it was an item I downloaded that carried the borked pattern.

Create a pattern will also bork your game and I think so does any pattern that you upload that was made by it. It truly is a simple solution, good luck!!
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2011, 4:11 pm

the sim3package only kind of pattern is surely the one kind of pattern format that must not be converted , that is right. i didnt know why though. so it the tsr program mm. i can say that some pattern that are packages are ok , why? it how it was made . how? i dont know but i guess it like what louna said , it not made through a tsr program, this make me wonder , well how was it made then . i find a pattern that is already a package file format , i will put it in . if it faulty , i just take it out. you will find out soon enough if it bad , borks your game , make the cas working badly.

i agree it some borked pattern , but i had no thought of the pattern used on the object though mmm.

orange
Back to top Go down
Louma
Louma

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2011, 12:10 am

yeah the .package patterns are made with one of Delphy's MTS programs
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2011, 1:46 am

oh that whyyyyyyyyyyyy , not tsr mmm. oh well. the sims 3 make you learn and learn and learn . gee

orange
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Create a style gets stuck   Create a style gets stuck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Create a style gets stuck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com