Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Top Poster : Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Topposter
Featured Artist : Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Badge-1-1
Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Vide
PostSubject: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 12:16 am

Hi guys, Miss Lochness here!

Well Eva (EvaTer) and I have decided to start up our own competition, and it's something we've been working on for a long time :D

What is this competition you ask? Well...

Do you fancy yourself a CAS maverick? Enjoy making sims? Or perhaps your absolute garbage at it but you're dying for a chance to improve your skills? Well this competition may be what you're looking for!

You don't need to be a master to enter this competition. We're not interested in what you can do, but what you are capable of doing! This competition is about growth and challenging yourself to step outside of your CAS box! Razz The winner will not be based on who was the best but on who displayed the most growth.

Here's the basic idea:

1. 10 contestants.
2. 3 judges and a poll each challenge.
3. No one will be eliminated in the first part of the competition. All the entries will be scored and those showing most improvement will be recorded for inclusion in the finale. A winner will be determined for each challenege but again NO elimination.
4. The last challenge will identify who will enter the finale. As already said, this will be dependent on contestants who have shown the most growth.
5. The second part of the competition will consist of harder challenges and ultimately determine the winner.
6. Scoring will be on improvement, growth and ultimately sim making skills.
7. The winner of the competition will be who displayed the MOST improvement from the beginning of the competition and obviously who did really well with the challenges.

As with any competition there are also rules:

1. There is to be no editing or photoshopping of any of the images. If images are found to have been tweaked, then you will be given a warning and resubmission is required asswhack
2. All submissions have to have in game shots and CAS shots are appreciated but not necessary.
3. Female Sims for this cycle only Sad...
4. A new sim is required each entry, unless otherwise specified.
5. No fancy backgrounds, the focus has to be on the sim.
6. Contestants need to specify if they use sliders and which sliders they use. This will allow us to judge the competition fairly. Contestants who do will not be judged any differently to those who do not. (Also to specify EPs – due to the sim modifications made possible with LN and Ambitions).

Judging:

The judging will be based on:
- Creativity
- Style
- Growth and Improvement

Each judge will also comment on your submission and provide you some positive feedback. You can respond to these comments, but any questions you pose to the judges will not be answered. This is to keep it fair.

A poll will be placed above each challenge, giving people a chance to vote on your work. These results along with the judges scores will be recorded and kept for reference when it comes to deciding on the contestants for the finale.

Please only enter this competition if you believe you will have the time to work on a new sim each week.

There will be no extensions on submissions, however, if you are truly having difficulty with a challenge or RL is being a douche, then please let myself or Eva know and perhaps a few days extension can be offered. However, this will be dependent on the other contestants and whether they have already submitted their entries or not.

The competition will start as soon as we have our contestants and 3 judges:

Judges:

1. EvaTer
2. miss_lochness
3. Q-Girl

Contestants:

1. smac1975 [Sergio]
Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Adikut10
2. angie247 [Angie]
Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Screen11
3. Jojo777 [Jojo]
Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Screen10
4. Dylsoccer12 [Dylan]
Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! 2hxt1m10
5. JKAmaryllis
Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! 52668910
6. [reserved] (Cutebina, needs to register on Cstyles)
7. Caradella
Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! 18267010
8. Aquarius2 [Julia]
Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Snowfl10
9. BroomHilda [Julie]
Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Screen17
10. mysle86 (needs to register on Cstyles)
11. Jaddie98 [Jaddie]
Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Screen27
12. Abeer123 [Alexa]
13. BrianD72 [Brian aka the Iceman]
Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Screen28
14. Ninjahawkz [Ninja]
Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Screen29

SO what the hell does all that mean? This competition will involve you creating a NEW sim each CHALLENGE rather than the usual one sim that you normally work with. Certain challenges we present may not require this but the majority will. We will provide you with a theme to work with and you will go off and create something wonderful for us to awe over :D Remember you don't need to be GREAT at making sims to enter this competition!!!

So all you need to do to enter is to tell us:

- your name and what you prefer to be called
- a picture of a sim that you have made
- and if applicable, a list of the sliders you may be using and also your current installed expansion packs.

Last edited by miss_lochness on February 21st 2011, 9:43 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Topposter
Featured Artist : Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 1:32 am

LOVE this idea girls!!!!!! Can't wait for it to get started and you will love the poll effect!!! It really picks up the excitement in a competition!! Let me lurk boots on!! lurk
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 5:20 am

Ooooh love this comp and Eva I've pm'd you about it hun x

Can't wait to see this get started as it's totally different way of being judged it's gonna be cool ladies and I'm also super excited to see it started and that we have another competition YAY
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 6:38 am

Thanks girls. It's me and Eva's baby. Razz I came up with the basic idea randomly at 4am one day and then Eva added on to it :D

YAYZ! I posted it up on the Sims 3 Forum too. Hopefully we get at least one contestant soon Sad...
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 6:47 am

Hey, I'm up for the challenge.

Contestants

1. Sergio "Mastah procrastinator"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 7:11 am

LOL The Masteh is in the house...or competition anyway lol...I did some advertising for you guys over on sims3 forum too as that's where my own little challenge is going on as of today...finally got it done lol.
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 8:33 am

Thanks Q!!!

Sergio your name has been added. We need a pic of one of your simmehs though. Our first contestant, I'm so happy. :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 11:15 am

Yay and here's hoping you have many more contestants Miss L...I just know this comp will be great!
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 11:24 am

Hopefully. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

Is there anywhere else to advertise a competition? It's up on the official forum, here and my blog. Oh and FB. anyone?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 11:39 am

I'll pop it on my blog too....and there's simscave I'll pop over and advertise it there for you guys....am gonna get a facebook page an stat so I can do things there.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 11:40 am

can i join cherry please
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 12:01 pm

I'm sure Miss L and Eva will be delighted you're joining...the more the merrier!One of the gals will answer at some point as they are both exceptionally busy but I'm sure they'll say yes x
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 12:04 pm

Aw, this is sooo coool, and I soooooooo want to join, but I don't think I'd have the time for it Sad...

I'll post it on my blog for you guys though Razz
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 4:12 pm

Thanks you guys for all the support !! hiho Miss L and me have been 'wrestling' with this for a couple of months now & I'm really excited about the competition !!

Thanks Sergio for joining !!
And sure Angie, you can join !! Just post a pic in this thread of a Simmie you've made and I'll add you to the list !!

I would love to see you enter the competition Evie !! :D If you want to join, please let Miss L or me know !! That would be really awesome !!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 4:28 pm

oooh I wonder who else will join...I'm getting all excited, wish CeCe and Evie could join too but I know they're busy
Back to top Go down
Pistolkitten
VIP Member
Pistolkitten

Libra
Comments : Genetically modified for extra flavor

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 5:31 pm

Cool idea!
Unfortunately I'm already in 8 comps on the official forums lol
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 6:08 pm

Would have loved to have you as a competitor !! You're very good in competitions ! :D
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn
Comments : I am the Harlequin, and the Chameleon.

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 6:22 pm

Oh wowwww this looks AWESOME -- I adore making sims in CAS....sometimes I feel like they all look the same though. Grrrrr I'm terrible at being in more than one comp at a time.... Sad...

If I can't find the time to join, I'll most certainly lurk, and I'll make a post about the comp on my blog (not like many people will see it lol).

Wonderful idea guys! I know this will be a big success!! :800:
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 6:26 pm

Yayy !! Thanks Cel ! hiho I really hope you do find the time !! ;)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 7:35 pm

angie247 aka ang or angie

Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! Screenshot-13

sliders - muscle, breast,weight,muscle definition

ep - world adventures,ambitions,fast lane, late night
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 11:32 pm

Hi Ang...beautiful Sim!! I hope you enjoy the competition and will continue coming to the site!! I can't wait to lurk this contest!!

Hmm..I'm a Sim creator...wonder if they will let me enter? Maybe not!! hiho

Have fun!!
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2011, 2:09 am

Thanks guys!!! As Eva said this comp has been in the works for a while. I am really excited and happy to see that others think this is an awesome idea also! I was a bit apprehensive at first. :D

Angie thank you for joining up and a beautiful sim that you have shown us. Can't wait to see what you make!!

Pistolkitten you absolutely kill in comps, would have been awesome to have seen you enter.

Cel, I hope you can find time, but lurking is always appreciated :D

Evie, I hope you find time too. *crosses fingers* Let me or Eva know if you plan on joining up :D

Cece, JOIN US!!! I did say that it doesn't matter what you're skill level is (since you're like super dupah AWESOME!!). It's all about having fun and trying something new! :D

Oh and everyone, say hello to our 3rd judge: Q~Girl!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2011, 6:13 am

lurk ....oh wait that's me! Yay Judge QG reporting for duty salute

Angie thats a lovely simmeh! Yay for signing up and I second CeCe I hope you continue to visit us here.....an Miss CeCe join the comp *tries the puppydog eyes for a second time* also loving the sims by JoJo and Sergio x
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2011, 8:17 pm

thanks for the comments on my sim, i love making sims, could do it all day, i have been busy working on assignments for other comps today done 2 and started a 3rd :):)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2011, 3:17 pm

Yay for sim making...I think most of us could quite happily sim all day long...well I could, darn RL getting in the way of my simming addiction lol.
Back to top Go down
Arcanalia
Arcanalia

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2011, 6:05 pm

Ooh this looks interesting! Unfortunately I don't have the time with college being crazy at the moment, but I will certainly be lurking.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2011, 9:16 pm

It's a shame you couldn't join Arcanalia but yay for lurking!!!
Back to top Go down
Dylsoccer12
Dylsoccer12

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 3:35 pm

Well, Im Dylan (Dylsoccer12) and I want to be joining this comp. :D

Here is a sim I made named ArielRules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! 2hxt1ms

I have al Ep's and Sp's except Fast Lane and OLS
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 3:53 pm

Thanks Dylan for joining !! Yay !! :D
I haven't seen you here for a while, but I'm happy to see you here again !! ;)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 4:03 pm

Yay a new contestant how cool and love your entry Dylan x
Back to top Go down
jojo777
jojo777

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 5:22 pm

Hey guys! This is a cool site, and I'm so happy to be part of this competition :)
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 5:28 pm

Thanks Jojo !! It's going to be awesome the competition, just like the site Cstyles !! :D
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis
JKAmaryllis

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 4:22 am

Ooohh!!! I really want to join! Mainly because I think all of my sims look the same.

I'll show a pic though of one of my favorites mainly because I do think she's not like.. amazingly gorgeous but I think she looks sorta pretty, real and unique. However it took me like.. hours to do D:

Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! 5266895162_2a432a6f8f_o

Edit: Sorry got excited and forgot the rest. The only sliders I have are of course the ones in game now and then I have elf-ear sliders. I have all EPs and SP's, and have (I think) the asian skin tones if that matters, along with craptons of CC. Idk how my computer still runs.. barely, but it does somehow. xD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 5:05 am

JK she's lovely and it's so great to see more people joining the competition hiho
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 5:33 am

YAYZ! Two more contestants. Have added you both to the list and thank you soooo much for joining :D

Jojo, thank you for coming over and joining CStyles!!
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 7:40 am

Hiya there! I would LOVE to join this competition, so sign me up!
I only have base game and late night, and the only slider I have is from Late Night.

I will post a pic of my sim soon, but I don't know how to put pics here. Can any of you tell me how? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 7:53 am

hi caradella.... cheese

to post pics you can use either photobucket or tinypic, both are free sites, upload your screenshot and look for the forum url copy and past onto here, i am so not good at explaining things hope you can work it out or maybe one of the others can explain it better Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 7:54 am

great entires jk & dylan ........ cheers
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 8:31 am

Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! 182670_200635783285108_100000160625636_866172_1019188_n
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 9:04 am

Hello Caradella!

Welcome to CStyles. You are now entrant number 7 and you are officially in the competition! On behalf of Eva and myself, thank you for joining!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!   Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules and Guidelines for "A...to Beauty Contest" and Signups!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Contests :: View 'Closed' Contest Pictures :: Closed Contests (pictures still available) :: From A to ... Beauty Contest-
Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com