Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Top Poster : Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Topposter
Featured Artist : Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Badge-1-1
Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 10:14 am

First topic message reminder :

~*BACK IN THE DAY*~

You've all kept at the competition and you've made it to assignment 5, congratulations everyone!

This week we want all of you to go back, way back, back into time. However, the time machine is broken and only allows you to go back to 3 eras! It is up to you which era you choose, but here is some info to help you decide:

The 20's:
Often referred to as the "Roaring Twenties" or the "Jazz Age". It was an era of great economic uproar and revolution. Countries formerly under monarchies were becoming independent republics. The TV was invented, as was the rocket, and silent films were giving way for sound films. F. Scott Fitzgerald published "The Great Gatsby" and Winnie The Pooh entered the scene.

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 20scol10

To give you guys some more ideas on fashion, check out this link: 1920's in Fashion

The 50s:
This era was dominated by clashes between communism and capitalism. The Korean War took place in this era, as did the space race. NASA was organised, polio vaccine was created and Crick and Watson discovered the spiral structure of DNA. Most famously, this was the era of Elvis Prestley, Marilyn Monroe, and the beginnings of Rock 'n' Roll.

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 50_sco10

For some ideas on 50's fashion: 1950's in Fashion

The 60's:

The 1960s refers to an era more often called The Sixties, denoting the complex of inter-related cultural and political trends across the globe. It was remembered for it's wars, conflicts, coups, nuclear threats, independence, political events (Martin Luther King Jr's "I Have A Dream" speech, Che Guevara's campaign for a worldwide revolution), assassinations (The Assassination of JFK and Martin Luther King Jr.), natural disasters (Great Chilean Earthquake, recorded at 9.5 on the ricter scale) and the moon landing (one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind). It was the time of the African American Civil Rights Movement, the rise of feminism and the anti-war movement. Let's not forget Bob Dylan, The Beatles and The Beach Boys.

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 60_sco10

For a look into 60's fashion and style (it was not just Hippies back then), check out this link: 1960's in Fashion

Now that you have chosen your era, read carefully:

- You will be required to create not only a new female sim, but a COMPLETE sim. This means you will need to style your sim in every outfit: Everyday, Formal, Sleep, Athletic and Swimwear. This needs to be historically correct, which means you will need to search the WWW for CC that matches and fits your chosen era. REMEMBER: Just cause something doesn't "look" like it belongs in a certain era, does NOT mean you CANNOT use patterns to MAKE it so.
- Keep an eye on features, make up and overall appearances of women in these eras. Look at bodyshapes, did women appear physically different in these eras? Keep this in mind when making your sim.
- When you have finished your sim, you will need to submit the following:
- A CAS shot
- A Head shot (In game or CAS)
- 5 IN GAME shots of each outfit.
- 2 IN GAME action shots. You may use extras and backdrops to portray your era. PLEASE keep the focus on your sim, do not let your sim fade into the background.
- You may present your images in a collage format, but you will need to make it large enough for us to see properly, or add links in to full size images underneath your collage.
- Remember no naughty Photoshopping/GIMP'ing or editing. Everything must be in game.

To provide you guys with some ideas/inspiration, Evie, Eva and myself have all provided you guys with some examples for each era:

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 20s_v2

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 50s_v2

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 60s_v2

Also, we hate to tell you but...ELIMINATIONS BEGIN THIS ROUND!

Due to the immensity of this challenge, you have until Sunday, April 24th @ 2355 hrs PST time (here) to submit your entry!

Remember if you encounter any problems with submitting on time, please do not hesistate to contact either myself or Eva, in this thread or via PM. We will respond ASAP.

If you have any questions regarding this weeks challenge, please post them in this thread and we will answer ASAP.

Post your submissions in this same thread please!

Good luck everyone and may the force be with you!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 4:36 pm

Yayy more pics !! happy *NEW* I've update the entry pics page !!

Some more great news, since we don't have an elimination this round, Sergio is back in the competition. He's gonna submit two assignments next round, just like Jojo this round !! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 5:25 pm

yay for sergio being back in the game.................cant wait to see your piccies jojo hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 6:12 am

jojo777 wrote:
Wow, JK, that was great!!

But you used the hair I wanted to use, GRRR! Haha, I'm just jealous of how amazing your pics are- mine won't be anywhere near as great Smile

I might just use the hair anyway, haha... (it's the short one you used in swimwear, sleepwear, and athletic, by the way)

You should still use it! It wasn't my main hair :D
Back to top Go down
jaddie98

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 6:42 am

JK, amazing. Shocked And your graphics are so good! I'm nearly done with my sim, time to take the pictures!
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 7:36 am

Ooooh I cant wait to see your piccies Jaddie I bet they will be amazing, eeeep Broomie loves looking at everyones amazing simmie piccies. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE. hiho hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
jaddie98

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 9:46 am

I'm in love with this sim. Love067 I present to you, Jocelyn. Smile
EDIT: She's from the 1950's.
EDIT AGAIN: I forgot the action shots.
CAS:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-334
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-337
Headshot:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-354
Everyday:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-362
Formal:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-359
Sleep:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-365
Athletic:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-361
Swim:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-360
Action:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-367
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-346
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 10:09 am

OMG this is soooo awesomes Jaddie, I absolutly love the piccies, woozers you have really done an excellent simmie. hiho hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
Caradella

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 10:44 am

Awesome pics jaddie! She's gorgeous! Love067
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 11:06 am

fab pics jaddie great entries so far from everyone Love067 Love067
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 11:15 am

Im loving this assignment, although I have said this about all the assignments lol, but that just shows how awesomes the judges are at creating them.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 1:04 pm

I've updated the piccies thread with all entries so far Smile

Ohhh love all the entries !! Awesome job you guys !
Though job for us judges again !! ;)
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:36 pm

Im so glad that Im not a judge, I just dont think I could ever decide which entry to be the winner as they are all awesomeness saucemness ;)
Back to top Go down
jojo777
jojo777

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 11:34 pm

Okay, here's my entry! I'm sorry I'm coming in so close to the deadline Embarassed

I'm not super satisfied with these pictures so I'm really really glad the elimination isn't this time!

Meet Louise Wallace!

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-132

Louise's family members frequently comment that her mouth never seems to shut- she's happiest when talking and interacting with others.

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-4-18

Louise rises very reluctantly in the morning. In fact, the unlucky person sent to wake her in the morning nearly always gets an earful!

Sleepwear:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-9-13

Once Louise is dressed, she begins to get excited about the day ahead of her. Louise takes long walks through the park every morning, enjoying all the amazing views. It's hard to pull her away from the flowers!

Everyday:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-24-7

Louise can't help but take a turn on the swings once in a while. Her family members tease her and say she's still a child at heart. Louise is the first to acknowledge that they're right.

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-20-8

Some days, Louise's parents insist that Louise get out and exercise. Louise always pitches a fit. She fails at any sport that involves hand and leg coordination. In her eagerness to catch and/or hit a ball, she usually trips on herself. Louise is a very fast runner though.

Athletic wear:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-15-8

When her family goes to the pool, Louise often decides to take a nap on the most comfortable poolside recliner. After Louise got sun-burnt one too many times, her mother insisted that she wear a hat. The hat always falls to the side, however, and Louise ends up with a half sun-burnt face.

Swimwear:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-17-8

On weekends, Louise parties long into the night. She loves to wear colorful, elaborate dresses and simply have a good time.

Formalwear:
Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-3-19

Sometimes, Louise likes to kiss a thoroughly unacceptable guy- it would be wasteful not to enjoy her youth, after all!

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 Screenshot-7-10

From morning to night, Louise is a true 20's girl. No matter how her day goes, she's always having fun and reminding everyone around her that life should be a celebration.

Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 4:05 am

OK guys entries for this assignment are closed now. Great entries !! Smile

Scores for the assignment can be send to Miss L ;)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 5:47 am

i dont envy you having to judge this with all this talent, everyones pics are superdouper, good luck to everyone Love067 Love067
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 6:38 am

Eeeeeep I cant wait to see how we all do, YAY Sergio is back in the comp, GOOD LUCK to everyone. hiho hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
jojo777
jojo777

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 10:25 am

Good luck everyone!!
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 10:50 am

JoJo your entry is stunning, the piccies are absolutely awesomes. hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
jojo777
jojo777

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 2:34 pm

Aww, thanks so much Broomie! I really like yours too Smile
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 2:36 pm

Awww thankies hun that just soo kind of you to say so. hiho hiho hiho Your piccies are stunning hiho hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
jaddie98
jaddie98

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 7:18 am

Thank you! Smile Beautiful sim, jojo! Smile
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis
JKAmaryllis

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 9:19 am

*also glad there are no elims!*

you guys did great!
Back to top Go down
jojo777
jojo777

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 6:52 pm

Aww, thanks so much jaddie! Yours are great too Smile

Everyone's really stepping it up in this competition, makes me so excited to see whatever is coming next (especially since there are no eliminations yet!).
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 6:59 pm

I hope scores for the assignment will be up tomorrow or Thursday.
The 6th assignment will be posted soon after.
The next assignment will be... ehhh..... hmmm.... ADORABLE !! Big smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 7:00 pm

that is not much of a clue eva.lol.........waiting patiently for scores............. eatdrink *NEW*
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 7:07 pm

Sorry Angie, I couldn't come up with anything else, as I didn't want to give it away yet LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 7:44 pm

lurk I LOVE this...it's like watching an old movie on the computer. Only thing missing is the black and white mode. Ok...back to lurking. Popcorn anyone... eatdrink *NEW*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 7:53 pm

Eatdrink Eatdrink twinzie i brought you a drink to wash down the ..hic.......pophiccorn.....i might ....have accidentally on purpose opened one.....hichichicup........ shocked *NEW*
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 8:40 pm

Here we go peeps have some more Eatdrink Eatdrink Eatdrink eatdrink *NEW* eatdrink *NEW* eatdrink *NEW*
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 2:31 am

Next challenge is oh so heart warming and full of love and shiny things Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 4:24 am

now i am even more confuzzled than before lol................cant wait i bet its a fabarooni assignment Love067 Love067
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:05 am

I cant wait either Angie, the assignments just get better each round, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! Eeeeeep broomie is all nervous waiting for the scores to come. Smile
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Comments : Lost in simming land, please leave a message after the tone ...

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 6:48 am

Sounds faboo Miss L as always
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 8:31 pm

eatdrink *NEW* Eatdrink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"   Assignment 5: "Back In The Day" - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assignment 5: "Back In The Day"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Contests :: View 'Closed' Contest Pictures :: Closed Contests (pictures still available) :: From A to ... Beauty Contest-
Free forum | Video games | Simulation | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com