Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

How to Decrapify Store content

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Featured Artist : How to Decrapify Store content Badge-1-1
Virgo

How to Decrapify Store content Vide
PostSubject: How to Decrapify Store content   How to Decrapify Store content I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 5:58 pm

If you download pirated store content from maty found here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=748769d0f3444d2a6868dd70b7e929e9&topic=15100.475
You must Decrapify it before it will install into your game.....here is what you need to do...(also forget trying to register there because that site for registering is dumb as a box of rocks)

you have to have this:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.0.html < and just unzip into its own folder...it will have decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe in it...
(Showing what your file will look like once you unzip your download..see below)
How to Decrapify Store content Examp1

then you will take whatever store file you downloaded from maty (make sure you place it in the file with your decrapify.exe file and click it and drag it over to the decrapify.exe file and let it do its thing.

(Showing the store content in the file getting ready to be decrapified..see below)
How to Decrapify Store content Examp2
(Showing me clicking and dragging the store content over to the decrapify.exe file..see below)
How to Decrapify Store content Examp3a
(Showing the decrapifier doing its thing...sometimes this is fast and sometimes this is slow process...see below)
How to Decrapify Store content Examp3
Then the store file is ready to double click and install into your game at that point and will not give you that error saying you need to update your game...you can do this for any store file on maty found...you will want it to still be in its sims3pack file. Not into package form..also store content does better installing by double clicking then by making them be package files and placing them into your mods folder.

1 more thing...the exchange is not going to recognize the pirated store content for uploading items on the exchange. So yeah it is basically for your own personal use. If you are uploading a house with pirated store content your gonna need to upload each pirated file so that way others can get the files or point to the items manually on the store site and let folks know that this home contains store content...it gets me on the exchange someone will brag there is no CC but you go to download the house and there is 20 million pieces of store content. I feel if its a no CC home then it should be made basically with EP's and SP's and no store content unless its free. JMO on that matter.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : How to Decrapify Store content Th_banner
Top Poster : How to Decrapify Store content Topposter
Pisces
Comments : No comment....

PostSubject: Re: How to Decrapify Store content   How to Decrapify Store content I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 9:03 pm

Thanks hun! Smile
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Top Poster : How to Decrapify Store content Topposter
Virgo
Comments : ♥️Look into my eyes♥️
♥️Its where my demons hide♥️
♥️It's where my demons hide♥️

PostSubject: Re: How to Decrapify Store content   How to Decrapify Store content I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 9:10 pm

worship ❤ Thank you so much Dachs! I had no idea why the content wouldnt install in my game and now I know why! And it was such an easy solution! I feel kind slow now xD I thought the decrapify program merged sim3pack files. Razz
Back to top Go down
franniewee
franniewee

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: How to Decrapify Store content   How to Decrapify Store content I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2012, 9:01 am

I forgot about this, but thanks! Very helpful to read this (again). Visited Maty right away Smile
Back to top Go down
anniebonnie
anniebonnie

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: How to Decrapify Store content   How to Decrapify Store content I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2012, 7:11 pm

Thank you, hun!! ♥
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How to Decrapify Store content   How to Decrapify Store content I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 3:15 pm

Hey, not sure if you guys already use it, but you can decrapify content very easily with JFade's tool, the Compressorizer Redux.

You should have it to compressorize your files anyway :p. It can free up a lot of space!

Download the program here:
http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=473

Extract it into a directory, and simply extract Pescado's S3RC tools (that Dach's linked to) into the same directory (decrapify, s3rc files) and overwrite the older versions included with The Compressorizer.

This way you can use an application to decrapify your files! So much easier. ;D
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: How to Decrapify Store content   How to Decrapify Store content I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 3:28 pm

I don't use the compresser tool ... made my game not run when i did...so yeah be careful on that one everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How to Decrapify Store content   How to Decrapify Store content I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 3:38 pm

That really shouldn't happen - many creators run their content through the Compressorizer before releasing it and some state it on the download page.

However, I always back up any file before I run it through the Compressorizer - test in game, and if it's fine, then I remove the back-up. I do this before I use any tool, however, because backing up your content is always the safe way to go.

Anyway, the tool has two functions, decrapify and compressorizing. If you are wary of using it for compressorizing, the "decrapify" option does exactly the same thing that the other method (dragging the file over the icon) does because you are using the same tools Pescado provided. All it is is a container for the scripts. But, both methods work! Whatever is personally easier is what you should do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Decrapify Store content   How to Decrapify Store content I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Decrapify Store content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Creative Corner :: Tutorials-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com