Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Patch 1.50

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 2:20 pm

The University Patch was just released and it appears to fix a TON of pre-existing bugs in the game, especially regarding Seasons.

*** Patch 1.50 fixes the skin overlay issue for darker-toned sims! Make-up, tattoos, eyebrows, and other topical details will now display as intended!***

The full list of changes can be read here:
http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/1605572737

Judging by the list of numerous fixes and the fact that this a major patch (updating for a new EP), expect many mods to require updating. I'll edit this post as I find out more!

Mods that have been updated for 1.50
    Major/Core
  • Awesomemod has released a "Test" version. This is likely to be updated frequently within the coming week(s). If you decide to go with the test version, be sure to check back on their site regularly to make sure you have the latest release.
  • NRAAS - The majority of NRAAS mods have been updated for the newest patch OR had their compatibility confirmed. There are only a handful that still need to be updated by Twallan including "Go Here."
  • S-Club Slider Hack - S-Club has updated their slider hack.
  • XCAS - Both the Basic and Full Core Versions have been updated. If you are just using CMAR's Expanded Skintone Panel Picker, V1.38 has confirmed compatibility for 1.50 and does NOT need to be updated.
    Misc
  • No Intro Mod - You might have noticed that the Maxis Logo was reintroduced with this patch, in order to remove this, you'll need an updated No Intro Mod. EllaCharmed (from MTS) has released one on her blog since uploading has been temporarily suspended on MTS for site clean-up purposes.

Mods that are Confirmed Compatible with 1.50 and Do Not Require Updating

I've quoted an explanation made by EA and then Crinrict on The Officials for further clarification about previous issues with this patch:
Quote :
crinrict wrote:Official EA note on the issue

Note on Feb 19 Game Update

We understand that some of you have attempted to install the recent Game Update and encountered an issue completing the install.

For PC players, if you reattempt the install now, you should be able to successfully complete installation. Note that this Game Update is larger in size and that we will be releasing a smaller version within the coming weeks if you prefer to wait for a smaller download.

For Mac players, we are still conducting some final tests on the Mac Game Update to ensure it will be a smooth and successful experience for you as well. This release will be coming very soon.

Thank you for your patience.

============================

UPDATE 02/20/2013

Seems that EA has now replaced the laucher incremental patch with the superpatch so that everyone should be able to patch. It might take a moment for every server to be updated. If you're still offered the 200 MB one, there's no need to redownload.

It might not work for all atm but try re-downloading through the launcher. Be aware that you will be downloading the 1.3 GB patch and not the 200 MB one (unless EA now did find a solution for their incremental patch messup which was acutally a problem in 1.4.

Good Luck everyone

==========================
**I stickied this so it will be easier to locate as we get more information on this patch. Smile Cecesaun1

Last edited by Ameenah on February 25th 2013, 11:00 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nephilim
Nephilim

Pisces
Comments : I also go by bringmevictory or Raine.

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 3:11 pm

"Hot Dog and Pie Eating contests can no longer ironically cause a Sim to starve to death. "

OH so that's what happened to my vampire when I had him do a hot dog eating contest with his wife. I was wondering what the heck happened to him. XD
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 3:22 pm

X__X

I'm excited they actually addressed a lot of problems.

I tried to patch my laptop install, since I just use it to test stuff and don't keep saves on it, but it turns out the patch as released is glitched. So guys, don't install just yet! (not that most here will this early since we are all mod/cc junkies, haha) I thought I had deleted a game-file, but the comments on SimsVip confirmed that the file is borked (manual or through the launcher) and they're waiting on an update from the team.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Top Poster : Patch 1.50 Topposter
Featured Artist : Patch 1.50 Badge-1-1
Tech Support : Patch 1.50 Os51eg
Leo

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 4:36 pm

I saw the release notes of the patch, there should be a lot of issues solved.
I didn't know the patch itself is glitched (thanks Ameenah!). I haven't yet patched myself, so I'll wait for more info about the patch.
Typical EA, solve a lot of issues, yet create new ones! No shame facepalm
Back to top Go down
Nephilim
Nephilim

Pisces
Comments : I also go by bringmevictory or Raine.

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 4:59 pm

Yeah I'm still using patch 1.47 since I noticed they were rolling out in a quick succession and I'm well..lazy :D

I'm glad though. I'm not surprised 1.50 is glitchy; fix one thing> break more seems to be a trend in every EA game I play. XD

Oh well, I hope they fix it soon. I'd like not having to save every 5 seconds out of fear of repeating another unfortunate hot dog eating contest incident.
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
Comments : A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 9:30 pm

Not updating until I get the ok from Ameenah. I must have my mods. Smile
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo
Comments : ♥️Look into my eyes♥️
♥️Its where my demons hide♥️
♥️It's where my demons hide♥️

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 9:43 pm

AAAH nooo whhyyyy lol! I have'nt even updated to patch 1.48 laughing
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 10:41 pm

nuhhuhuhuhhhhhhuuuuhhhuuuu nuhuh
i can wait yep sireee from canada iudeed
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 10:44 pm

Thank you for letting us know. It took me a long time to learn to wait. No I always seem to update immediately hoping for the best and then have to remove all my mods for a week . . . . . . or just not play. Annoyed
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 11:26 pm

yeah it best to wait it not installing right .well that i not heard of before mm. but the store updated for me. it here and there it not working for some, when i update i remove my mod packages out and savesave sim out and sometime my saved game. put it all back in later. eh.that seem to help a lot perhaps?
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2013, 5:18 pm

I'm with Katink...I will wait for the thumbs up from Ameenah before I patch! A patch for a patch...geez...why does this NOT surprise me. Annoyed
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2013, 3:35 pm

The NRaas and XCas mods were updated today cheers
After I saw the mods were updated, I patched my game from 1.47 to 1.50 without any problems. Yay! Smile
Thought you guys may wanted to know ;)
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2013, 5:18 pm

Thanks Eva, I updated the first post with links to the mods! :D I've waiting on Awesome for my main game, but the patch has worked just fine on my Vanilla install.
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2013, 5:57 pm

EvaTer wrote:
The NRaas and XCas mods were updated today cheers
After I saw the mods were updated, I patched my game from 1.47 to 1.50 without any problems. Yay! Smile
Thought you guys may wanted to know ;)

hand dance dancing happydance Bop cheers happy *NEW*
Thank you, Eva!! Will be patching up later today!
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2013, 6:40 pm

I installed the patch and just updated all my Nraas mods, and my game is running fine so far.
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo
Comments : ♥️Look into my eyes♥️
♥️Its where my demons hide♥️
♥️It's where my demons hide♥️

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2013, 7:53 pm

WOOHOO cheers cancan dancing
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2013, 8:06 pm

I'm patching up, but just curious. I've been using XCAS, but I'm thinking about switching to nraas Master Controller with Integration. Is MC better than XCAS? I already use Overwatch and Woohooer from nraas and I'd kind of like to keep my mods from the same place, if possible.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2013, 8:07 pm

In my opinion, I think that is a good move! As far as I know, at least; I'm not sure which features XCAS offers exclusively - I think you can get pretty much everything by installing Integration - including the expanded Tattoo locations! Smile

I personally use a combination of Awesomemod+NRAAS, so I'm still waiting to patch my main install. *cries*
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2013, 8:18 pm

I was going to wait for the Woohooer update, but I want to play my game tonight. To be honest, from what I was reading, it looks like Master Controller has everything that XCAS has and more. The tattoo locations and extra slider capability was the only reason that I was using XCAS. It's a good mod, but after reading and re-reading nraas page, I think that Master Controller has more options. Thanks for the input, Ameenah. Smile
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2013, 11:16 pm

So is the new patch worked out now? I don't want to attempt anything until I'm 'fo sure!! Lol!! I'm so excited about this...it seems to touch on a LOT of preexisting issues and I'm excited to be able to patch my game and finally be able to PLAY SEASONS!!!!!!!

OT:...I always get a little sidetracked when I see Eden has posted...something about that half nekked dude just stops me dead in my tracks!! Lol!! Gawjus!! Rawr! Love067
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 2:03 am

lot of the mod and hack are being updated or is updated. yesh the woohoo not done yet. will wait a bit and the patch is 1 gig ohmy. yes wil do that when im not gaming oh.
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 3:13 am

I was going to wait on woohooer mod, but I know he'll get that updated as soon as possible. It is a HUGE patch...a little over 1 gig, but there's a lot of fixes on it. I'm happy that they finally fixed the "spinning" when a sim goes into a room. That drove me crazy. It made them look like they didn't know which way to go.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 10:48 am

Kat, did you patch through the Launcher or manually? Were you previously on version 1.48? Just asking, because it seems like EA officially switched out the incremental patch for the Super Patch through the actual Launcher as a fix. Smile Just wanted to clarify so I could amend the first post in this thread.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 2:45 pm

woohoo nraas is now updated to 1.50
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 4:29 pm

katink wrote:
I was going to wait for the Woohooer update, but I want to play my game tonight. To be honest, from what I was reading, it looks like Master Controller has everything that XCAS has and more. The tattoo locations and extra slider capability was the only reason that I was using XCAS. It's a good mod, but after reading and re-reading nraas page, I think that Master Controller has more options. Thanks for the input, Ameenah. Smile

I'm using both the XCas and NRaas MC mods (they don't conflict by the way). The NRaas MC mods have more options, especially when it comes to in game options, as XCas "only" serves CAS options.

However there's one functionality, XCas has and NRaas hasn't as XCas allows you to use the "Full" slider range of the eyelashes in the eyebrow section, so you can completely turn down the EA eyelashes without having to use the S-Club removal mod, those EA eyelashes still remain available for use and you can still fully use the eyelashes and eyelash slider, as well as the 3D eyelashes by S-Club.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 4:44 pm

Oh that makes sense! XCas adds the multiplier to the EA Eyelash Mesh as well which is why you're able to go slightly further to the left and completely hide the lashes I'm guessing? I remember when Awesome used to alter the Eyelash area, but this was removed in a later version.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 4:54 pm

Yeah with the NRaas MC mods, you can turn the eyelashes down to "zero" being the "zero" defined by EA (but the EA eyelashes are still "visible", so you need the S-Club removal mod, if you want to get rid of them completely). When using XCas you can go below the "zero" mark so to speak and completely turn down the EA eyelashes (so you don't need the S-Club eyelash removal mod). Yet if you still want to use them, the EA eyelashes are available "normally" Smile

That's why I use both the NRaas MC AND XCas mods hand dance
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 6:06 pm

Ameenah wrote:
Kat, did you patch through the Launcher or manually? Were you previously on version 1.48? Just asking, because it seems like EA officially switched out the incremental patch for the Super Patch through the actual Launcher as a fix. Smile Just wanted to clarify so I could amend the first post in this thread.

I did go through the launcher when I patched up and I was on 1.48. Once I got my mods out and started the patch, it was actually pretty quick for being over a gig. I didn't play for too long, but I did notice that Maxis has their logo back in the intro. Smile Going to play Bridgeport tonight, because they supposedly fixed performance there as far as routing.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 6:42 pm

bridgeport testing oh there an idea , i forget what it suppose be fixed there but may as well play there.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 6:59 pm

Thanks for the confirmation Kat!

Yep, they fixed routing issues in Bridgeport - I haven't test it out yet, but I'm excited as that world had never played well for me in the past. I wonder how much it will improve lag.
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 7:01 pm

I have to show Dee Aurora Skies and then I will be traveling to Bridgeport. I'll let you know how it works on my computer. *Keeping my fingers crossed*...that was my favorite world for the longest time.
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member
Kamikinz

Capricorn
Comments : So a lady goes into a dentists office, gets on a chair and spreads her legs far apart.

The doctor is shocked to see this so he says: "Excuse me, miss, you must have the wrong place, this is a dentist's office."

The lady answers back: "Well, didn't you put my husband's dentures in last week?" the lady says.

The doctor nodded.

"Well," the lady said, "now you have to get them out."

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 6:16 am

i patched 2 days and my game keeps freezing ...im annoyed..
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 8:23 am

Does it freeze in any particular area/during certain interactions? What mods are you playing with (if any)?
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 7:13 pm

I don't know if this is a result of the patch, but I can't export sims to the launcher from CAS now. I keep getting an Export Failed message. :zelfmoord:*new*
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 12:16 am

Oh no... So glad I didn't feel up to patching... Annoyed
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 12:17 am

Kamikinz wrote:
i patched 2 days and my game keeps freezing ...im annoyed..

Kami is BACK...Yayz!! dancing
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member
Kamikinz

Capricorn
Comments : So a lady goes into a dentists office, gets on a chair and spreads her legs far apart.

The doctor is shocked to see this so he says: "Excuse me, miss, you must have the wrong place, this is a dentist's office."

The lady answers back: "Well, didn't you put my husband's dentures in last week?" the lady says.

The doctor nodded.

"Well," the lady said, "now you have to get them out."

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 12:26 am

Smile
okay so i have alot of sliders
and s-club's slider hack that awt made

edit: im also using anach's freckle mod

Edit: I updated my slider hack and
im currently waiting for anach to update the freckle mod

My daughter deleted my Mods folder from my desktop ...

so guess who gets to go searching for everything that was in there :cussing:*new*
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 7:45 am

Fanaskher posted an "updated" version of RezDelnava's/Anach's expanded Freckle/Beauty Mark panel, but it actually doesn't need to be updated at all. She uploaded three "versions" of the mod that are all identical when you open them up in S3PE. I'm really confused about that.

All the mod does is change the size of the panel and allow for a scroll bar - the Base Game code hasn't changed pretty much since that mod was released. You can keep using the mod that you have. Whenever Anach updates his collection of mods, that file actually stays the same. Smile

The problems you were having were likely to due to the fact that you were using an out-of-date slider hack. Now that you've updated your slider hack, you should be good.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 10:57 am

S-Club has updated their slider hack (and aWT's file-replacement version of HQ Mod)! Updated the first post as well. Smile

This patch also fixed the overlay issue!!! See here:
http://kosmosims3khaos.tumblr.com/post/43948115182/omg-patch-1-50-fixed-the-overlay-issue-with
http://jelly-nick.tumblr.com/post/43966297626/thank-you-maxis-for-removing-the-overlay-issue
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 5:45 pm

OMG I can't believe Ea did this!!! I'm so thrilled and now can't wait to go in game and see the difference in my ethnic Sims!! Ok...patch or not patch...I'm so curious I'm willing to chance it and patch. Let me puke first and then I will patch! (stupid bug won't leave me body). grey smilie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Patch 1.50 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patch 1.50

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com