Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Patch 1.50

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 2:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

The University Patch was just released and it appears to fix a TON of pre-existing bugs in the game, especially regarding Seasons.

*** Patch 1.50 fixes the skin overlay issue for darker-toned sims! Make-up, tattoos, eyebrows, and other topical details will now display as intended!***

The full list of changes can be read here:
http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/1605572737

Judging by the list of numerous fixes and the fact that this a major patch (updating for a new EP), expect many mods to require updating. I'll edit this post as I find out more!

Mods that have been updated for 1.50
    Major/Core
  • Awesomemod has released a "Test" version. This is likely to be updated frequently within the coming week(s). If you decide to go with the test version, be sure to check back on their site regularly to make sure you have the latest release.
  • NRAAS - The majority of NRAAS mods have been updated for the newest patch OR had their compatibility confirmed. There are only a handful that still need to be updated by Twallan including "Go Here."
  • S-Club Slider Hack - S-Club has updated their slider hack.
  • XCAS - Both the Basic and Full Core Versions have been updated. If you are just using CMAR's Expanded Skintone Panel Picker, V1.38 has confirmed compatibility for 1.50 and does NOT need to be updated.
    Misc
  • No Intro Mod - You might have noticed that the Maxis Logo was reintroduced with this patch, in order to remove this, you'll need an updated No Intro Mod. EllaCharmed (from MTS) has released one on her blog since uploading has been temporarily suspended on MTS for site clean-up purposes.

Mods that are Confirmed Compatible with 1.50 and Do Not Require Updating

I've quoted an explanation made by EA and then Crinrict on The Officials for further clarification about previous issues with this patch:
Quote :
crinrict wrote:Official EA note on the issue

Note on Feb 19 Game Update

We understand that some of you have attempted to install the recent Game Update and encountered an issue completing the install.

For PC players, if you reattempt the install now, you should be able to successfully complete installation. Note that this Game Update is larger in size and that we will be releasing a smaller version within the coming weeks if you prefer to wait for a smaller download.

For Mac players, we are still conducting some final tests on the Mac Game Update to ensure it will be a smooth and successful experience for you as well. This release will be coming very soon.

Thank you for your patience.

============================

UPDATE 02/20/2013

Seems that EA has now replaced the laucher incremental patch with the superpatch so that everyone should be able to patch. It might take a moment for every server to be updated. If you're still offered the 200 MB one, there's no need to redownload.

It might not work for all atm but try re-downloading through the launcher. Be aware that you will be downloading the 1.3 GB patch and not the 200 MB one (unless EA now did find a solution for their incremental patch messup which was acutally a problem in 1.4.

Good Luck everyone

==========================
**I stickied this so it will be easier to locate as we get more information on this patch. Smile Cecesaun1

Last edited by Ameenah on February 25th 2013, 11:00 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kamikinz
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 6:16 am

i patched 2 days and my game keeps freezing ...im annoyed..
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 8:23 am

Does it freeze in any particular area/during certain interactions? What mods are you playing with (if any)?
Back to top Go down
Eden777

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 7:13 pm

I don't know if this is a result of the patch, but I can't export sims to the launcher from CAS now. I keep getting an Export Failed message. :zelfmoord:*new*
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 12:16 am

Oh no... So glad I didn't feel up to patching... Annoyed
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 12:17 am

Kamikinz wrote:
i patched 2 days and my game keeps freezing ...im annoyed..

Kami is BACK...Yayz!! dancing
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 12:26 am

Smile
okay so i have alot of sliders
and s-club's slider hack that awt made

edit: im also using anach's freckle mod

Edit: I updated my slider hack and
im currently waiting for anach to update the freckle mod

My daughter deleted my Mods folder from my desktop ...

so guess who gets to go searching for everything that was in there :cussing:*new*
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 7:45 am

Fanaskher posted an "updated" version of RezDelnava's/Anach's expanded Freckle/Beauty Mark panel, but it actually doesn't need to be updated at all. She uploaded three "versions" of the mod that are all identical when you open them up in S3PE. I'm really confused about that.

All the mod does is change the size of the panel and allow for a scroll bar - the Base Game code hasn't changed pretty much since that mod was released. You can keep using the mod that you have. Whenever Anach updates his collection of mods, that file actually stays the same. Smile

The problems you were having were likely to due to the fact that you were using an out-of-date slider hack. Now that you've updated your slider hack, you should be good.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 10:57 am

S-Club has updated their slider hack (and aWT's file-replacement version of HQ Mod)! Updated the first post as well. Smile

This patch also fixed the overlay issue!!! See here:
http://kosmosims3khaos.tumblr.com/post/43948115182/omg-patch-1-50-fixed-the-overlay-issue-with
http://jelly-nick.tumblr.com/post/43966297626/thank-you-maxis-for-removing-the-overlay-issue
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 5:45 pm

OMG I can't believe Ea did this!!! I'm so thrilled and now can't wait to go in game and see the difference in my ethnic Sims!! Ok...patch or not patch...I'm so curious I'm willing to chance it and patch. Let me puke first and then I will patch! (stupid bug won't leave me body). grey smilie
Back to top Go down
mamx

Top Poster : Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Topposter
Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 6:04 pm

mm can someone explain exactly what was able to be done on the sims before? i like to try it too.
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Featured Artist : Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Badge-1-1
Virgo
Comments : ♥️Look into my eyes♥️
♥️Its where my demons hide♥️
♥️It's where my demons hide♥️

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 6:08 pm

Awe get better soon Cece ❤ This was one of the most successfully patches so far...it seems to have fixed a lot of problems without causing any. Lol I also just noticed I made my way onto the Cstyles Top poster list on the sidebar up there... Shocked When did that happen???
Back to top Go down
Nephilim
Nephilim

Pisces
Comments : I also go by bringmevictory or Raine.

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 9:47 pm

Does anyone happen to have a link to the test version of Awesomemod for 1.50? I have tried navigating on their site but Search is filled with nothing but "LEARN2SEARCH" posts and it is incredibly irritating to wade through.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 11:53 pm

KosmoKhaos wrote:
Awe get better soon Cece ❤ This was one of the most successfully patches so far...it seems to have fixed a lot of problems without causing any. Lol I also just noticed I made my way onto the Cstyles Top poster list on the sidebar up there... Shocked When did that happen???

Thanks KK!! Trying to get better! And lookie lookie....somebody has really been busy here on Cstyles!! Congrats!!
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 11:55 pm

Well...patching right now...should be a pretty quick load even though it's a HUGE patch!! Started about 2 min. ago and half way through. Then...time to update all my mods!! I don't know if I will actually make it IN game tonight...but I will have something wonderful to look forward to tomorrow! hiho
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 12:42 am

Ok, I've patched up...surprisingly quick for such a large patch! Took about 6 min for the entire thing to complete...I am going to see this as a positive! Now...I'm gathering all my mods/hacks that need to be updated, and I've got a question.... I don't use S club sliders any longer...only the lashes...however I do use XCAS for slider range and such...I'm looking into the integration that Kat mentioned, but is it included 'with' the Master Controller or is it a separate mod? If so...can someone post a link to it...I've searched high and low for just the integration mod.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 12:46 am

For AwesomeMod: That's because they don't link the test version within the forum (it took me forever to figure this out, I swear) - if you go directly to moreawesomethanyou.com, it's in the "Free" area.

Here's the direct link.

Cece, if you want to use Integration, you do have to install another package file - additionally, you'll want to install a tuning file so you can set your slider range. Integration is here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Integration+Phase+Ten
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 12:52 am

Ameenah wrote:
For AwesomeMod: That's because they don't link the test version within the forum (it took me forever to figure this out, I swear) - if you go directly to moreawesomethanyou.com, it's in the "Free" area.

Here's the direct link.

Cece, if you want to use Integration, you do have to install another package file - additionally, you'll want to install a tuning file so you can set your slider range. Integration is here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Integration+Phase+Ten

Thanks Ameenah! I searched till my eyeballs were crossed!! Razz
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo
Comments : ♥️Look into my eyes♥️
♥️Its where my demons hide♥️
♥️It's where my demons hide♥️

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 12:55 am

Yup, mastercontroller and integration is all you really need if you want the slider with the option to set the range limit. That's why I use it. Sticking to everything from one creator saves me the trouble of searching everywhere XD You can also layer makeup and accessories withe the mastercontroller/integration.
Back to top Go down
Nephilim
Nephilim

Pisces
Comments : I also go by bringmevictory or Raine.

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 3:29 pm

Ahhhhhhh thank you Ameenah! I tried just using aWT's slider hack but the stupid smiling faces in CAS was driving me nuts while working on a Sim. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Patch 1.50 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.50   Patch 1.50 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patch 1.50

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com