Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Top Poster : Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? Topposter
Featured Artist : Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? Badge-1-1
Tech Support : Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? Os51eg
Leo

Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? Vide
PostSubject: Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ??   Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 6:54 pm

Hi ya All,

I did have a lot of trouble with my Sims 3 game lately, it kept on crashing (mostly in CAS) and without any warning and reason No
I did try everything to solve the problem, even un- and reinstalled the game; but the crashing still remained grey smilie
But thanks to some suggestions, I did find a thread that helped me solve the problem.
If your game keeps on crashing, please read this thread below !!
First you need to know what kind of computer you have, if you don't know, I will explain how you can find it.
Go to "My Computer" and right click on it, than select "Properties"
Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? 6007bcde477e4842643efaa05d7d76316g
You should see what your computer is all about. Please check how many RAM you have and what your operating systems is (32 or 64-bit)
Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? 5193707a0ca9609eea91057a9ece42136g
If your computer has an 64-bit operating system and your RAM is above 2,00-3,00 GB and you have the crashes, please download the following program: Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer
If you have crashes and have a 32-bit operating system, it´s probably a good idea to download this tool too and check what´s wrong ! ;)
After download, unpack the zip-file and run the program. You should see something like this (my case):
Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? 1b47338d17356abfdc748764c7b526726g
The analyzer should show you the most likely cause of the crashes. Pick and select the button relevant for you. In my case LAA.
In case of LAA you´re prompted to download the Large Address Aware Tool. After download, unpack the zip-file and run the program. You should see something like this (my case):
Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? E350bf3e003dc29b3d5bb749f466c5d36g
Please select the relevant Sim products installed and click on "Force LAA"
Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? 575e46cb8a4ec8e24aa0f3a1e63067736g
Please wait until this process is finished. When finished the screen should look something like this:
Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? 8ec9a8d7741b6c71d7ff902c4ce304716g
Close the LAA program and restart it again. If all is OK, it should look something like this:
Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? 4545e341013adffd7ed5af1582e0b4ae6g
Close the LAA program and start up the Sims 3.

After that.... HAPPY SIMMING !!! :D Crashes be gone !!! hiho

PLEASE NOTE:
These two tools / programs have been made by FordGT90Concept @ Mod the Sims :first: (he or she deserves all credit !!)
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ??   Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 7:38 pm

Thanks for posting this Eva!! You and I have the same exact computer except I'm Vista!! So far no crashing, but I wanted this to have 'just in case'. Can never be too careful or too sure I say!! hiho

You are a doll!! I just did my uninstall/reinstall last night, DID NOT do the latest update, checked game and CAST works. So now I add back my cc (old & new *wink wink*) And see what happens from there!! Fingers, toes and elbows crossed for me!! ❤
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ??   Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 3:09 am

Ok, reinstall complete, took things step by step and reinstalled my custom content and other saved things from the older game. I decided to NOT do the update.

Ran game and just as it begin to load after the 'family' scene my game crashes. Straight to desktop, no error or warnings.

I go back into documents and start removing things, still crashes. I upload the analyzer and it showed the cause of the crash as 'unknown'. I traveled over to mod the sims and followed the instructions and still crash.

I then came to the conclusion that my game was not going to let me play unless I did update. So I did.

Now just waiting to see if CAST will work with update this time. If not, I give. facepalm
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ??   Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 2:40 pm

Thanks CeCe !! No problem in sharing my experiences ;)
But like I said FordGT90Concept deserves the credit for this hiho

I really do hope the game works for you, after the update ! Although I'm a bit cramped by now, I'm still keeping my fingers, toes & elbows crossed for ya !! 🙇
Back to top Go down
Tomislaw
Tomislaw

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ??   Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2011, 10:02 am

This article (freshly published) is also helpful:

Living Issue - Cure the Crashes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ??   Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crashing troubles / Sims 3 / New computer ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com