Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Assignment 1!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Th_banner
Top Poster : Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Topposter
Pisces
Comments : No comment....

Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Vide
PostSubject: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2010, 11:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Assignment One

"Music is the Brandy of the Damned" G. B. Shaw

In the gothic culture, music is everything! Music started everything! Fashion and attitude are important, but music trumps them.

In this assignment, each contestant will be required to research gothic music, find a song to their liking, and submit a picture that represents the chosen song. Please include the lyrics and, if possible, a link to the song so that everyone can hear it.

Here and here are lists of gothic bands to help you out. These are not comprehensive lists, so if you know of, or discover any underground gothic bands, please feel free to use one of their songs. But, do your research. Just because band members dress gothic doesn't mean they are considered gothic by the culture. For instance, Marilyn Manson is not considered gothic. Gothic music is all about the sound and lyrical content. This is supposed to be a learning experience, so please don't choose a band just because you know it, be adventurous and pick a band you have never heard of.

-Rules-

1. Please only post ONE picture. Collages do not count as one picture.

2. No copying!

3. Editing is allowed, but PLEASE keep it to a MINIMUM!!
Allowed:
a. Stuff like cropping, lighting, making the pic black and white or sepia...stuff that anyone can do with a basic program.
b. Fixing minor things, and I mean minor! Things like filling in a small bald spot that some CC hair gets at certain angles, etc.
Not Allowed:
a. Adding/Transposing backgrounds, sims, or objects. In other words, no mixing and matching between pictures. If it's not in the game or can't be done in the game, think of something else. This competition is designed to push the limits of your creativity, so use it!
b. No adding borders or other effects such as lettering, etc.

4. No changing models. You must use the one you entered! You can, however, change her hair, clothes, makeup, traits, everything but her face/body(including skintone). The only exception to this would be if you are required to portray a dramatic emotion and you just can't seem to get them to look angry, sad, happy, whatever enough, then you are allowed to change their expression in CAS. But please don't go overboard, I'm talking minor changes.

5. Other sims are allowed in the picture, just make sure your sim is the main focus.

6. Remember to keep it Gothic!

Breaking the rules may lead to elimination. You have been warned! I've decided to not disqualify anyone, just eliminate them, when they have broken the rules...unless someone drops out or doesn't show, then they will just have the lowest score. I feel this is fair and gives them a second chance.

If you have any questions about the rules, don't hesitate to ask.

-Models-

Drea Hardy - Pistolkitten Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Chase Gordon - JKAmaryllis Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Dominatrix Mercy - Evie :D

Moon Davilar - EvaTer Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Lysander Sheath - Westiedog123 Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Nix - Grimzi Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Mistee Rayn - RepulsiveDesire Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Shane Stone - vidkid20 Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Eleanor Black - Izzy Sad...

Moxxi - sereniticat Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Elvira Lilith - Dylsoccer12 :D

Good luck!!

-Deadline: Midnight PST (Los Angeles time) on Sunday, June 27th!-

If you need an extension, please don't hesitate to ask! I will be more than happy to give you one! I'd much rather extend the deadline, then to have you drop out!

-Judges-

Akasha O'Connell(me)

awesome_phoebe

Toblie

CeleSeraphym (when she can)

-Scoring-

?/10 - How well your picture represents the chosen song
?/10 - Creativity
?/10 - Overall

-Example-

Nymphetamine (Fix)
By: Cradle of Filth

Lead to the river
Midsummer, I waved
A 'V' of black swans
On with hope to the grave
All through Red September
With skies fire-paved
I begged you appear
Like a thorn for the holy ones

Cold was my soul
Untold was the pain
I faced when you left me
A rose in the rain
So I swore to thy razor
That never, enchained
Would your dark nails of faith
Be pushed through my veins again

Bared on your tomb
I am a prayer for your loneliness
And would you ever soon
Come above unto me?
For once upon a time
From the binds of your lowliness
I could always find
The right slot for your sacred key

Six feet deep is the incision
In my heart, that barless prison
Discolours all with tunnel vision
Sunsetter
Nymphetamine
Sick and weak from my condition
This lust, a vampyric addiction
To her alone in full submission
None better
Nymphetamine

Nymphetamine, nymphetamine
Nymphetamine girl
My nymphetamine girl

Wracked with your charm
I am circled like prey
Back in the forest
Where whispers persuade
More sugar trails
More white lady laid
Than pillars of salt
(Keeping Sodom at night at bay)

Fold to my arms
Hold their mesmeric sway
And dance out to the moon
As we did in those golden days

Christening stars
I remember the way
We were needle and spoon
Mislaid in the burning hay

Bared on your tomb
I am a prayer for your loneliness
And would you ever soon
Come above unto me?
For once upon a time
From the binds of your holiness
I could always find
The right slot for your sacred key

Six feet deep is the incision
In my heart, that barless prison
Discolours all with tunnel vision
Sunsetter
Nymphetamine
Sick and weak from my condition
This lust, a vampyric addiction
To her alone in full submission
None better
Nymphetamine

Sunsetter
Nymphetamine
None better
Nymphetamine

Nymphetamine girl
My nymphetamine girl

Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Ieno7l

Fun fact: Nymphetamine is a combination of two words, Nymphette and Amphetamine.

Last edited by Akasha on June 28th 2010, 7:35 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Grimzi

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 1:51 am

vidkid20 wrote:
Grimzi Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_eek i so have step it up if i make to next round. u guys are reason im so worried. Geez! Amazing!

I felt the same way , and still do , a little intimidated by everyone elses entrys, but you just gotta stick it out and see what happens. You never know right? I loved your entry despite the band choice the picture was great. It was so hard for me to pick a song, but I went with one I knew and loved , so I knew I could represent it decently. I feel like everyone heres a pro, so your not the only one thats worried. Razz
Back to top Go down
Grimzi

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 1:55 am

RepulsiveDesire wrote:
Eva why don't you just enter one of the sims you have made that actually work in your game? I mean if they are giving you no issues goth one of them up a bit and re-submit... or is that a crappy suggestion. Eitehr way I hope you figure it out. This contest had such a record with drop outs last cycle, me being one of them, I don't want to see that happen again. I'm sending you good ju-ju and hope you work it out.

Grimzi I love your pic. Is that symbolo/staff thing something from in game, some kind of CC? Me wants!!! Everyone is doing such a kick ass job. I only got to work on mine for about an hour today but I'm really hoping to get it in soon as I finally settled on a new song.

Its CC , I got it from http://www.rosesims2.net/ , I believe. Yep, Its under Sims3 > Magic.
Back to top Go down
Evergreen

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 2:03 am

Great Job so far guys!
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 7:27 am

*Lurker* This is soo cool!. Great shots so far. Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin *waves frantically*
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 9:53 am

Sorry I have been away from home for a day or two. I think Akasha it was you that asked? But yes I work night shift Smile

Vid: I'm sorry Sad... I was the one that told you they were on the list Sad... Hope you know I wasn't intentionally trying to sabotage or anything. Your picture is amazing.

And I've seen too many amazing pictures to list. Not sure how long I will last, but at least I can lurk when I'm out :D

Edit: I forgot to mention the site looks pretty awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 1:07 pm

Evie - your song's fine. Smile

JKA - Awesome, me too! :D At a hotel, and it sucks balls...
Back to top Go down
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 1:25 pm

Ok, my game hates me or something. If its not one thing its another. As soon as I figure out how to get it working for a while something ele will crop up and ruin it. So I had to take out all my CAS CC. I need some help finding some goth clothes and make-up. It will be much appreciated! Thanks to anyone that can lend a hand.
Back to top Go down
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 1:47 pm

Since I can't edit my posts I have to be a bit of a spammer and ask another question. Do any of you know what code to enter to make the fog emmiter change to different weather in Ambitions?
Back to top Go down
Evergreen

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 2:46 pm

RD, I'm pretty sure it's just turn on Testingcheatsenabled true and then shift click it.

Goth Clothes: Look around Club Crymson and GoS
Back to top Go down
vidkid20
VIP Member
vidkid20

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 2:54 pm

JKAmaryllis wrote:

Vid: I'm sorry Sad... I was the one that told you they were on the list Sad... Hope you know I wasn't intentionally trying to sabotage or anything. Your picture is amazing.

Aw JK don't feel bad! I was the one made the final decision. No big deal! I am very happy with my pic and wouldn't have got that pic without that song so thanks. *hugs* Dont worry about! Loves u JK! Woo! I'm still pumped about this comp! Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
RepulsiveDesire

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 4:42 pm

Well Jake I went to both those places, I found some usable hair for what I want to do but nothng else. I'll keep hunting.
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis
JKAmaryllis

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 6:22 pm

Akasha wrote:
Evie - your song's fine. Smile

JKA - Awesome, me too! :D At a hotel, and it sucks balls...
I kind of like it, seeing as I usually get a burst of energy around 10pm, but it seriously screws with my social life. I'm a nurse =/ so i get to dispense narcotics and change diapers :D
Back to top Go down
Pistolkitten
VIP Member
Pistolkitten

Libra
Comments : Genetically modified for extra flavor

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 6:29 pm

Ok finally injecting my invisable balls so I have the courage to actually start putting my scene together....will be in either todayor tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Featured Artist : Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Badge-1-1
Tech Support : Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 6:57 pm

Hi ya All,

Well Gwyneth couldn't be saved; whatever I tried it just wouldn't work !! So I have created a new sim for my entry in the contest (as suggested by Akasha).
I have posted my new sim, called "Moon", in the Sign Ups.
Akasha, can you check & confirm my 'new' entry, so I can start working on assigment 1 ?

I'm afraid I have to look for a new song, because "Moon" is so different in appearance & character, that the song I choose before, just wouldn't match... But I guess (hope) this isn't a problem.

Thanks for all for the support & the suggestions I received with my unlucky Gwyneth, really appreciate that !! Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

All the entries so far are great !! High quality competition !!
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn
Comments : I am the Harlequin, and the Chameleon.

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 7:36 pm

Grimzi, that pic is beautiful! Great job on it! I was going to use that staff in one of my pics for the last cycle, but my game konked out on me. It was a really cool touch!

Good luck guys!
Back to top Go down
Pistolkitten
VIP Member
Pistolkitten

Libra
Comments : Genetically modified for extra flavor

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 8:56 pm

Vlad By Inkkubus Sukkubus

How I've loved you
And will always love you
You were the one to light
The stars in my night
Why can't one of such
Beauty live forever
Hear my soul scream its plight

You were the gift of joy
You were my light
You gave so much to life
My angel of the night

Oh hear me call you
I'll always call for you
Though you are no longer here
May my voice be carried
To your spectral ears
I need to know you are near

Assignment 1!! - Page 4 Screenshot-627

The despair of discovering that her lover is indeed a vampire, a statement made by many of her concerned friends and family. Drea now has to decide join him in the darkness or end her life.