Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Assignment 1!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Th_banner
Top Poster : Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Topposter
Pisces
Comments : No comment....

Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2010, 11:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Assignment One

"Music is the Brandy of the Damned" G. B. Shaw

In the gothic culture, music is everything! Music started everything! Fashion and attitude are important, but music trumps them.

In this assignment, each contestant will be required to research gothic music, find a song to their liking, and submit a picture that represents the chosen song. Please include the lyrics and, if possible, a link to the song so that everyone can hear it.

Here and here are lists of gothic bands to help you out. These are not comprehensive lists, so if you know of, or discover any underground gothic bands, please feel free to use one of their songs. But, do your research. Just because band members dress gothic doesn't mean they are considered gothic by the culture. For instance, Marilyn Manson is not considered gothic. Gothic music is all about the sound and lyrical content. This is supposed to be a learning experience, so please don't choose a band just because you know it, be adventurous and pick a band you have never heard of.

-Rules-

1. Please only post ONE picture. Collages do not count as one picture.

2. No copying!

3. Editing is allowed, but PLEASE keep it to a MINIMUM!!
Allowed:
a. Stuff like cropping, lighting, making the pic black and white or sepia...stuff that anyone can do with a basic program.
b. Fixing minor things, and I mean minor! Things like filling in a small bald spot that some CC hair gets at certain angles, etc.
Not Allowed:
a. Adding/Transposing backgrounds, sims, or objects. In other words, no mixing and matching between pictures. If it's not in the game or can't be done in the game, think of something else. This competition is designed to push the limits of your creativity, so use it!
b. No adding borders or other effects such as lettering, etc.

4. No changing models. You must use the one you entered! You can, however, change her hair, clothes, makeup, traits, everything but her face/body(including skintone). The only exception to this would be if you are required to portray a dramatic emotion and you just can't seem to get them to look angry, sad, happy, whatever enough, then you are allowed to change their expression in CAS. But please don't go overboard, I'm talking minor changes.

5. Other sims are allowed in the picture, just make sure your sim is the main focus.

6. Remember to keep it Gothic!

Breaking the rules may lead to elimination. You have been warned! I've decided to not disqualify anyone, just eliminate them, when they have broken the rules...unless someone drops out or doesn't show, then they will just have the lowest score. I feel this is fair and gives them a second chance.

If you have any questions about the rules, don't hesitate to ask.

-Models-

Drea Hardy - Pistolkitten Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Chase Gordon - JKAmaryllis Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Dominatrix Mercy - Evie :D

Moon Davilar - EvaTer Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Lysander Sheath - Westiedog123 Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Nix - Grimzi Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Mistee Rayn - RepulsiveDesire Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Shane Stone - vidkid20 Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Eleanor Black - Izzy Sad...

Moxxi - sereniticat Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Elvira Lilith - Dylsoccer12 :D

Good luck!!

-Deadline: Midnight PST (Los Angeles time) on Sunday, June 27th!-

If you need an extension, please don't hesitate to ask! I will be more than happy to give you one! I'd much rather extend the deadline, then to have you drop out!

-Judges-

Akasha O'Connell(me)

awesome_phoebe

Toblie

CeleSeraphym (when she can)

-Scoring-

?/10 - How well your picture represents the chosen song
?/10 - Creativity
?/10 - Overall

-Example-

Nymphetamine (Fix)
By: Cradle of Filth

Lead to the river
Midsummer, I waved
A 'V' of black swans
On with hope to the grave
All through Red September
With skies fire-paved
I begged you appear
Like a thorn for the holy ones

Cold was my soul
Untold was the pain
I faced when you left me
A rose in the rain
So I swore to thy razor
That never, enchained
Would your dark nails of faith
Be pushed through my veins again

Bared on your tomb
I am a prayer for your loneliness
And would you ever soon
Come above unto me?
For once upon a time
From the binds of your lowliness
I could always find
The right slot for your sacred key

Six feet deep is the incision
In my heart, that barless prison
Discolours all with tunnel vision
Sunsetter
Nymphetamine
Sick and weak from my condition
This lust, a vampyric addiction
To her alone in full submission
None better
Nymphetamine

Nymphetamine, nymphetamine
Nymphetamine girl
My nymphetamine girl

Wracked with your charm
I am circled like prey
Back in the forest
Where whispers persuade
More sugar trails
More white lady laid
Than pillars of salt
(Keeping Sodom at night at bay)

Fold to my arms
Hold their mesmeric sway
And dance out to the moon
As we did in those golden days

Christening stars
I remember the way
We were needle and spoon
Mislaid in the burning hay

Bared on your tomb
I am a prayer for your loneliness
And would you ever soon
Come above unto me?
For once upon a time
From the binds of your holiness
I could always find
The right slot for your sacred key

Six feet deep is the incision
In my heart, that barless prison
Discolours all with tunnel vision
Sunsetter
Nymphetamine
Sick and weak from my condition
This lust, a vampyric addiction
To her alone in full submission
None better
Nymphetamine

Sunsetter
Nymphetamine
None better
Nymphetamine

Nymphetamine girl
My nymphetamine girl

Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Ieno7l

Fun fact: Nymphetamine is a combination of two words, Nymphette and Amphetamine.

Last edited by Akasha on June 28th 2010, 7:35 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 4:40 am

Nazzi Inspired?? Yes I would advise you stray far far away from that! I know a couple of songs I adore by The Dresden Dolls but they aren't on the list of Goth Bands... Akasha are they goth enough? I discovered them the first time that I ddi this competition so I would like to think that they are.

Oh and I love the 80s even though I was like 2 when it was all over. It had a very distinct style and feel to it that can't be mistaken for any other time and place in history. I feel like these past ten years borrowed from all those other generes and didn't have anything special about it style wise. People tend to talk about the 80s like its something to be embarrased about but I think its rather cool
Back to top Go down
sereniticat

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 5:00 am

RepulsiveDesire wrote:
Nazzi Inspired?? Yes I would advise you stray far far away from that! I know a couple of songs I adore by The Dresden Dolls but they aren't on the list of Goth Bands... Akasha are they goth enough? I discovered them the first time that I ddi this competition so I would like to think that they are.

Oh and I love the 80s even though I was like 2 when it was all over. It had a very distinct style and feel to it that can't be mistaken for any other time and place in history. I feel like these past ten years borrowed from all those other generes and didn't have anything special about it style wise. People tend to talk about the 80s like its something to be embarrased about but I think its rather cool

Thanks RD, for you're input. Yes, I've decided not to go with March of The Dead for that reason. I got to thinking what if..what if the song actually has a nazzi meaning that I don't know of ( I'm kinda dumb). I would not be okay with that at all.

So, I've decided to set up a scene for Wings Of Steel and for Back Door and see which one I like better.

Thanks again RD..I wasn't sure if maybe I was being to sensitive ( I get accused of that often)
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 6:16 am

Heilige Scheiße! There's already three! Ooh, now I'm getting really excited! :face:

RD - I was wondering if someone was going to ask that. lol Well, I did the 'constrainFloorElevation false' cheat, made a hill, put her on top of it, and then got rid of the hill. It works really well, but make sure you put the hill exactly where you want and how high you want your sim to be because if you move them after you erase the hill, they will go back to ground level. And Dresdon Dolls are considered Dark Cabaret, so yes, gothic. :D

Dylan - No, it doesn't have to represent the entire song, it can be about just one lyric.

Oh, and in the great words of Jay and Silent Bob....The 80's was the mother fuckin' time! lol
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 8:02 am

Seren: Sometimes I stay up after work because I don't want to miss out on the day so I guess I don't sleep much lol. I can't believe I forgot about Collide! I SO love Collide. :D Now I hafta find my collide cd...

Vid and Westie I heart your entries!
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 8:06 am

I do that too, JKA. Do you work nights?
Back to top Go down
sereniticat

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 8:09 am

I love each entry so far. I'm really feeling the pressure of this today. And not even my favorite pirate song is taking the edge off ! I've been bound for South Australia for HOURS now and not feeling any better. hehe

I've gotten some shots, I am just going through them now.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 9:16 am

OMG, I don't know what happened, but I think I'm done Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel

Today I started working on the assignment & chose my song. After that I started the Sims 3 game, in order to shoot some pics or choose or setup a good picture location.
I started up CAS, to choose Gwyneth my competition entry and she looked all messed up. So I thought the sim file was maybe damaged somehow. I did however make a backup, so I tried again, with the backup and even installed the full sims3pack-file of Gwyneth.
The result was still the same, a totaly messed up Gwyneth Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_cry Here is a screenshot....
Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Gwyneth+Nowee

I'm also sure all CC is available in CAS, but somehow it will not show; even the hair !!
I really don't know what to do. I feel hopeless, sad and some other words which are not so appropriate to write down here.
I'm sure I'm not able to re-create the 'same' Gwyneth as before... I really don't know what to do...

Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_sad Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_eek Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_mad Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_redface Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_cry Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_evil Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_twisted Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_pale

Eva
Back to top Go down
sereniticat

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 9:22 am

Okay, don't fret yet. This happens to me ALL The time. I think it's because I am missing a skin for a couple of my sims. What normally helps me is to go in and remove ALL make up hair and even CC eyes off that Sim and then put it all on again.

I hope that helps you too.
Back to top Go down
sereniticat

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 9:42 am

Wings Of Steel- Collide

Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Screenshot-gothic1

Wings Of Steel- Collide

Wind up your reasons
demons and ghosts
wind up your circuitry
loves you the most

Your wings on fire
but you can't find them
your wings are higher
I've never seen them before

Chasing the wings of steel
chasing the ghost of time

Wind up your circuitry
loves you the most
wind up your complicated
chasing the ghost

Your wings are tired

You cannot get there from here
where you aspire
you cannot fly there from here

chasing the taste of life

I've come so near
yet so far

In the river of darkness there is a light
in the middle of darkness there is a light

Wind up your consequence
fear will paralyze you
chasing the wings of steel

I am walking in the light
I am walking in the night
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Featured Artist : Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Badge-1-1
Tech Support : Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 9:56 am

sereniticat wrote:
Okay, don't fret yet. This happens to me ALL The time. I think it's because I am missing a skin for a couple of my sims. What normally helps me is to go in and remove ALL make up hair and even CC eyes off that Sim and then put it all on again.

I hope that helps you too.

Thanks for your help / advice Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_cheers
I have tried what you suggested, but it didn't work... even the shape of the face is different if I look at a picture and compare it to the messed up version... Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
This has never happend to me before, I don't think it's the skin tones either, because I always use one of the default skin tones Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Confused Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 10:08 am

Maybe silly but does somehow apply to the situation

I choose the following song

Somewhere (by Within Temptation)

Lost in the darkness, hoping for a sign.
Instead there is only silence,
can't you hear my screams?
Never stop hoping,
Need to know where you are,
but one thing is for sure,
you're always in my heart.

Chorus:
I'll find you somewhere.
I'll keep on trying until my dying day.
I just need to know whatever has happened,
the truth will free my soul.

Lost in the darkness, try to find your way home.
I want to embrace you and never let you go.
Almost hope you're in heaven so no one can hurt your soul.
Living in agony cause I just do not know
where you are.

Wherever you are, I won't stop searching.
Whatever it takes, I need to know.

Link to Somewhere
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 10:37 am

Eva - If you have to recreate her, she have to look exactly the same, just close. But if all else fails, because we're still in the first assignment, I'll let you submit another model.

Sereniticat - Cool, where'd you get the clocks? I've been looking for some like that...
Back to top Go down
sereniticat

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 10:42 am

I think I found the clock on TSR the other clocks are in the game already under buydebug on. But the big clock is cool.

Eva- if changing the makeup and hair didn't help, I dunno what will. I tried to google it for you but I didn't come up with anything other then changing the make up which you tried. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
SweetBaby
VIP Member
SweetBaby

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 11:02 am

Love your song choice, Eva. I <3 Within Temptation. That is a crazy glitch with your model. I've never seen that before Shocked

All of the entries so far are amazing... and so fast too! Can't wait to see the rest of them Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Popcorn_smiley
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 11:08 am

wow very beautiful pics so far.

Vid here is a heads up, I'm not sure if you wanted the Zzz's in your pic but if you dont, once you have your model(s) desired position, the one that you want to fall out, have him/her do it else where, then move the model into the "set" with MoveObjects..and you should be set, no more Zzzz

Eva- make sure you have the Resource.cfg in all your stuff/EP packs..the same with the .dll, and it could be that you might have some corruptness going on. Use the delphy dashboard to see what you might have installed that could be causing a problem. Also if you downloaded anything off the exchange lately, a doll could be causing some problems too.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 12:44 pm

Hi everyone & thanks for your support !! Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Thanks Akasha, I will give it another go probably tomorrow, because I'm a 'bit' out of sorts and dissapointed today.

Also thanks Chicago for the advice.
Have checked it and double checked it, the resource.cfg & .dll files are all where they are supposed to be.
I have also checked, double checked, even triple checked for corrupt files and conflicts, there are none.
Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Dashboard

I have more than 100 custom made sims and have never come across such a problem or a problem remotely resembling this problem.
It's just a mistery to me, but even more it's so frustrating; it makes me feel sad... Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 12:46 pm

Do you have any outdated mods/hacks?
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 12:48 pm

No, don't use any....
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 12:53 pm

Oh, I hope you can figure it out Eva, is this happening with your other sims as well? If not, maybe you should just take Akasha's offer and enter a new sim if you cant remake her.

Btw, I know you're not too happy, but how did you get their default CAS pic to change? It's so cool :lol:
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 1:20 pm

No, it's the only sim with a problem. I even thought it could somehow have something to do with the new tatoos I used. But I already created another sim with the new tattoos and that sim has no problem what so ever. I really have no clue & I think I checked and covered about everything I and you all know.... can't explain.... Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
I think I will try to re-create her, if that doesn't work, I may have to create a new sim; although I don't like that option very much.

To change the default CAS pic I use the program Postal. With that program you can open the sim-files in the SavedSims directory. When you have opened a sim file, you have two items with the longname "snapshot (png) (large)" highlite it and you will see the default CAS pic. Now if you click on Import PNG, you can change that pic by a pic somewhere saved on you pc (png-file 512*512 pixels) and than press commit. After that just save the sim-file and the pic in CAS has changed.
You can download program postal here: (Link)
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 1:24 pm

I'm guessing she's not uploaded anywhere? good luck on recreating her. It'll be tough but I'm sure you can do it! Dont be too down about using another model, ya never know what may come out of it ;)

Thanks for the link too
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 1:33 pm

No, she's not uploaded anywhere (I didn't want to do that).
Do have the sims3pack file though with all the pics of the clothes I used; so that's a start.

Thanks Chicago !! Really appreciate your help Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Have fun with the postal program and the changing of the CAS pics Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
vidkid20
VIP Member
vidkid20

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 2:22 pm

ChicagoStorm wrote:
wow very beautiful pics so far.

Vid here is a heads up, I'm not sure if you wanted the Zzz's in your pic but if you dont, once you have your model(s) desired position, the one that you want to fall out, have him/her do it else where, then move the model into the "set" with MoveObjects..and you should be set, no more Zzz
Omg! That is one thing that bothered me about that pic! Can change the pic? I'm not goin be online today really, but I can change it.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 2:25 pm

Hmm I wonder if you can too. Ask Akasha and see if it's okay, she's pretty lenient, but I'm not sure how she will feel once a picture is submitted.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 2:47 pm

Sure Vid, the pic is only final after the due date. So really, you can change it a hundred times, just make sure it's the one you want judged!
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 2:49 pm

I hope this doesn't get me eliminated, but the band I chose was Nox Arcana. I chose the song Gothic Sanctum from their oh so friggin' awesome album Transylvania. This band is strictly instrumental, they're well known for doing soundtracks to movies. But I really suggest you look up their music on youtube. Its truly inspiring.

Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Screen82
Back to top Go down
vidkid20
VIP Member
vidkid20

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 2:52 pm

Akasha wrote:
Sure Vid, the pic is only final after the due date. So really, you can change it a hundred times, just make sure it's the one you want judged!
Disregard the pm then! Razz yays. I will repost my entry and delete other one.
By the way thank u Chi! Since nothing is going I might take few more pics and then decide.
Evie your entry! Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_eek Amazing!
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 3:09 pm

You're welcome Vid Smile

Evie wow, I'm playing the music at the same time and I'm like getting spooked lol very cool shot!
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn
Comments : I am the Harlequin, and the Chameleon.

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 4:06 pm

These pictures are incredible ALREADY...this is going to be such a kick-ass competition cycle! And there's still a whole week left to turn in shots?!

I noticed that about Vid's picture too, but I wasn't sure if it was okay to say anything or not (thanks for doing it Chi!). *blush* I would've been changing pics left & right if I had known we could do that before! xD

Eva, I'm so sorry to hear about your sim Sad... Everything that I would've suggested has already been suggested...I really hope you can get it all straightened out! It sounds like a RIDICULOUSLY frustrating situation...

Good luck to everyone!!! Can't wait to see the remaining entries ^_^
Back to top Go down
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
RepulsiveDesire

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 4:26 pm

Sereniticat I don’t think you were being too sensitive. The
song you decided to do is awesome and your picture kicks ass. It looks so much
like the set up I had in mind for the song Coin Operated Boy by the Dresden Dolls….
Now I feel like changing it but I had my heart so set on that song… oh dilemma,
sweet dilemma.

Evie that song is so hauntingly beautiful, and your picture
is incredible. I love that we can CAST the ceilings now. Did you use one of
those tomb trap things to get that red kind of dripping blood effect?

Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 4:46 pm

Chicago - Thanks so much, I kind of wanted to give the viewer an erie feel with my image and song, so I'm glad I accomplished that.

RD - Thannkk you! I just used the "dare devil" trait and tinted the dirt dripping from her hands a red tone so it looked like she was eating the heart of the girl on the ground. I know, pretty brutal lol, but the song I chose is from nox arcanas vampire themed album.
Back to top Go down
vidkid20
VIP Member
vidkid20

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 4:50 pm

Cel wrote:
These pictures are incredible ALREADY...this is going to be such a kick-ass competition cycle! And there's still a whole week left to turn in shots?!

I noticed that about Vid's picture too, but I wasn't sure if it was okay to say anything or not (thanks for doing it Chi!). *blush* I would've been changing pics left & right if I had known we could do that before! xD

Eva, I'm so sorry to hear about your sim Sad... Everything that I would've suggested has already been suggested...I really hope you can get it all straightened out! It sounds like a RIDICULOUSLY frustrating situation...

Good luck to everyone!!! Can't wait to see the remaining entries ^_^
Cel I was looking for u to ask u about my pic actually but I notice those damn Zs. Only thing it messed up! Grr Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Sleep i just took another bunch of pics so my entry again soon.
Back to top Go down
Amelia
Amelia

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 4:59 pm

*pops in* This comp does seem to attract some of the bests - these pictures are incredible! Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_cyclops

And vid, you can also get rid of the Zzz's with this mod (it never needs to be updated too!) : http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343247

The creator also has the same type of mod for fight/slap effects and musical notes. It's extremely helpful.
Back to top Go down
vidkid20
VIP Member
vidkid20

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 5:08 pm

Amelia wrote:
*pops in* This comp does seem to attract some of the bests - these pictures are incredible! Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_cyclops

And vid, you can also get rid of the Zzz's with this mod (it never needs to be updated too!) : http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343247

The creator also has the same type of mod for fight/slap effects and musical notes. It's extremely helpful.
:-D i just picked a pic and used what Chi had said, but I will probably need this later in the comp.... if i make to later on. thank u so much! Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Dylsoccer12
Dylsoccer12

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 5:12 pm

Off to go make my pic, hopefully it turnes out great as I imagined!
Back to top Go down
vidkid20
VIP Member
vidkid20

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 5:27 pm

Snow White Queen by Evanescence
Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Screenshot-1324
"Snow White Queen" by EVANESCENCE
Stoplight, lock the door.
Don't look back.
Undress in the dark,
And hide from you,
All of you.

You'll never know the way your words have haunted me.
I can't believe you'd ask these things of me.
You don't know me.

You belong to me,
My snow white queen.
There's nowhere to run, so let's just get it over.
Soon I know you'll see,
You're just like me.
Don't scream anymore my love, 'cause all I want is you.

Wake up in a dream.
Frozen fear.
All your hands on me.
I can't scream

I can't escape the twisted way you think of me.
I feel you in my dreams and I don't sleep.

You belong to me,
My snow white queen.
Soon I know you'll see,
You're just like me.
Don't scream anymore my love, 'cause all I want is you

I can't save your life,
Though nothing I bleed for is more tormenting.
I'm losing my mind and you just stand there and stare as my world divides.

You belong to me,
My snow white queen.
Soon I know you'll see,
You're just like me.
Don't scream anymore my love, 'cause all I want is you.
All I want is you
All I want is you
All I want is you

Last edited by vidkid20 on June 20th 2010, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 5:36 pm

Oh wow... All of these entries are amazing... I hope I don't get eliminated Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
vidkid20
VIP Member
vidkid20

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 5:41 pm

Evie wrote:
Oh wow... All of these entries are amazing... I hope I don't get eliminated Rolling Eyes
lols i dont think that will happen anyime soon. Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Grimzi
Grimzi

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 5:42 pm

seen it , off to work on it now. Great entrys so far, everyone! I love this assignment.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 5:55 pm

Cele ~ I wish we all knew that lol there were so many times I wish I could have done that! Omg if you were given the option of changing your pics we might still be in cycle 1 lol I'm joshing! Love ya Cele :albino:

Amelia~ I'm saying thank you for that link, I needed it so bad!

Evie~ you're not going anywhere.

Cant wait to see the other pics. Where is Kelle so we can share seat warmers and eat popcorn?
Back to top Go down
Dylsoccer12
Dylsoccer12

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 6:31 pm

IM SO EFFING ANGRY! Anytime I press tab in game all my objects dissapear and once I go backt o normal screen they all reappear. This is ruining my picture! im sooo ticked off right now.
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn
Comments : I am the Harlequin, and the Chameleon.

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 7:16 pm

Chi!!! Grrrrr! LOL, you might just be joking, but you're also right on the money -- we WOULD still be in Cycle #1 if I had changed my pics! I swear to Will Wright I'm THE most indecisive person I know. Making a decision is torture for me! *noogie*

Dyl -- I'm sorry to hear that! Have you added any new content or mods or anything? Maybe something you have needs updating? Sometimes my Tab just refuses to work for me at all, and I'll have to exit the house, the hood, or sometimes the whole game, then reload it. Have you tried doing that? It could just be some freak glitch. Sad... I hope you get it figured out soon!
Back to top Go down
Dylsoccer12
Dylsoccer12

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 10:52 pm

Okay, I tried to post my pic earlier and the site was down Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_sad So, Now i have to re-type my lyrics beacseu Lyrics.com wont let me copy and paste for some dumb reason!

Ill post it tomorrow
Back to top Go down
vidkid20
VIP Member
vidkid20

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 11:06 pm

Dylsoccer12 wrote:
Okay, I tried to post my pic earlier and the site was down Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_sad So, Now i have to re-type my lyrics beacseu Lyrics.com wont let me copy and paste for some dumb reason!

Ill post it tomorrow
You try another site Dyl? AZ lyrics i think its called.
Back to top Go down
Dylsoccer12
Dylsoccer12

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 11:09 pm

Yeah, they didnt have the lyrics to my song
Back to top Go down
vidkid20
VIP Member
vidkid20

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 11:18 pm

Dylsoccer12 wrote:
Yeah, they didnt have the lyrics to my song
well that sucks. Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_scratch Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Icon_neutral good luck.
Back to top Go down
Westiedog123
Westiedog123

Leo
Comments : Not my thread not my problem, that's what I always say.

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 11:28 pm

JKAmaryllis wrote:
Seren: Sometimes I stay up after work because I don't want to miss out on the day so I guess I don't sleep much lol. I can't believe I forgot about Collide! I SO love Collide. :D Now I hafta find my collide cd...

Vid and Westie I heart your entries!

Mmmhmm. I think you just heart Lysander Assignment 1!! - Page 2 Herz
Back to top Go down
vidkid20
VIP Member
vidkid20

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 11:33 pm

ok. I changed my pic again! I promise this is the last time! XD

Last edited by vidkid20 on June 21st 2010, 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dylsoccer12
Dylsoccer12

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2010, 12:27 am

Okay, how do you post Youtube vids on here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1!!   Assignment 1!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assignment 1!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Contests :: View 'Closed' Contest Pictures :: Closed Contests (pictures still available) :: Gothique Beauty 'Cycle 2'-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com